Strategic Future Analysis
How to turn global transformations into business strategy
Megatrends are fundamental trends that shape society and markets over the long-term. They are used to understand and anticipate changes in organisations’ operating environments. And they are used to identify key areas of strategic interest, potential risks, opportunities in markets and key areas of uncertainty.
Scenarios form the backbone for strategic analysis and can be used in several different processes, including strategy, innovation and market analysis. It provides a structured framework for:
- Sorting trends and issues so participants focus on those with high degrees of uncertainty and impact
- Creating alternative views on the future instead of only extrapolating current trends
- Stress-testing of strategies and concepts
- Developing strategic agility by examining future opportunities and challenges
- Establishing a platform for innovation and risk management.
You will get insight into all of this on the course, so you can make your company ready for the future.
On the course you will focus on:
- Identifying the range of issues that are of strategic interest, including changes in customer expectations, technological innovation, new entrants, new business models, disruptions, etc.
- Sorting through these issues to focus on those that are most impactful and for which your organisation has a poorly-developed response
- Understanding the degree of uncertainty surrounding impactful strategic issues
- Developing scenarios to explore potential future developments based on critical uncertainties
- Stress-testing strategies against the scenarios to develop organisational resilience and thereby identify your organisation’s level of preparedness
This course is for individuals that need strategic forward-thinking within management, strategy, innovation, risk management, business development, etc.
What you’ll gain:
- Solid insight into the megatrends that shape the future and how they may affect your business or organisation
- The ability to spot and analyse critical uncertainties influencing your future strategic environment
- Knowledge of how to use the scenario method as a tool for strategic analysis – strategy development, innovation, and risk management
- Inspiration for developing innovative products, services, or business models
- The opportunity for networking and exchanging experiences and ideas with strategy leaders from other organisations and industries
What your company will gain:
- The business competence to create better future-proofed strategies
- Better understanding of how megatrends will impact different areas of your organisation, management, value chain, supply chain, customer experiences, etc. and how to adapt and innovate accordingly
- Better strategic foresight and corporate agility
The price includes – before, during and after
Before the course
- A digital workshop pre-read about megatrends and scenario framework
During the course
- Two full days with catering
- A range of presentations and workshops facilitated by CIFS´ researchers and consultants with years of global experience
After the course
- Certificate from the Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies (CIFS)
Practical completion of the course
You will be participating in engaging and inspirational megatrend presentations, which will provide you with “food for thought”. You will also engage in different workshops and learn and network with like-minded participants from other organisations.
Thomas Geuken has been associated Director of Research at the Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies for 11 years and has lead strategic scenario processes in private companies and public organisations all over the world. He is well-known for his energy as a keynote speaker and gentle approach as a learning facilitator. He has a MSc in psychology and will create a safe environment in which participants can learn.