Alfa Laval is today a world leader within the key technology areas of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling. Founded in 1883 on a single brilliant invention, innovation remains at the heart of everything they do. With more than 2500 patents, they provide worldwide solutions in areas that are vital to society both today and for the future. Alfa Laval’s 17,500 employees around the world, help customers in nearly 100 countries optimise their processes.
- A challenging business climate in key customer markets.
- A need to increase the pace and scope of changes.
- Co-created a 5 modular initiative to help leaders enhance their personal purpose as a leader and increase their ability to inspire and engage people in change.
- The programme included time for every leader to work on real-time leadership and change challenges through combined wisdom.
- Leadership behaviours needed to meet new and more complex business challenges.
- Increased ability to lead and deliver changes.
- Leading to stronger more pro-active and self-driven leaders.
The Challenge: Getting ahead of the curve
Alfa Laval knew that a key to future success was enhancing their leaders’ leadership capabilities to meet the challenges of the future.
The Solution: DRIVE - Mastering personal and change leadership
Inspirational leadership starts from within - boosting resilience and strengthening a sense of personal purpose that can withstand the pressures of accelerated change.
The Alfa Laval-Mannaz design team worked together with the Group Management Directors to create the 5 modular DRIVE programme to ensure it met the needs of both individual leaders and the business. Alfa Laval’s top leaders from around the world, come together in person and virtually to address real-time leadership and change challenges. The majority of their work is small groups, maximising individual focus and at the same time networking and knowledge sharing across the business.
Challenge groups and DRIVE buddies, formed during the programme, continue to work together beyond the original modules.
The Impact: Inspiring & engaging for sustainable change
Participating leaders stated that the programme has increased their capabilities in motivating and engaging people - gaining buy-in and creating a sense of urgency in resolving critical issues. The programme provided time, many leaders don’t carve out of their daily lives, to explore and find solutions to personal leadership and organisational change challenge, which were then implemented with an improved clarity of direction, sharper messages, and increased focus in contributing to strategy execution. Leaders find they are better able to manage their own and others reactions to changes.